Friday, April 29, 2005

in the beginning... there were questions

And thus I enter the world of blog. I would like to point out that my generation of X-ers were among the first to publish on-line journals courtesy of our university servers back in 1996. At the time there was considerable resistance from certain peers who viewed our personal homepages as a pathetic attempt at personal ads. Obviously they didn't see the potential, and e-mail was more "all the rage" at the time.
Anyways here we are and why it's taken me so long to get back into the on-line journal I can't really say. I do feel that we, as intelligent beings, should be contributing to a greater discourse regarding the current state of affairs and so here is my attempt. I should also point out that I have no idea how to cull the good blogs from the various "junk" out there. Is there a place where blog abstracts are listed by quality of discussion? I hope someone will get back to me on that. It'd be nice to be a part of a good idea-exchange. Additionally, what's the best medium to incorporate RSS and XML technology? Currently, I am using MyYahoo! but the ads and other crap is distracting to say the least. For that matter, is blogger.com capabale of RSS feeds and such? Thanks for offering feedback, I am quite the blog-novice - as information technology changes, we are all continually having to learn new protocols but alas,
the "mind-race" is never finished.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, May 07, 2005, Blogger Anhalt said...

i think your feed would be...
jonathonhaven.blogspot.com/atom.xml?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home